The International Ski Area Test has been an anonymous quality check with comprehensive test criteria for 27 years. Numerous jurors were again anonymously on the road in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Italy last winter season and assessed around 50 ski resorts according to precise criteria.
At the official presentation of the test results in the renowned Swiss tourist resort of Gstaad, Kreischberg received the following awards:
- International Piste Seal of Quality in Gold
- “Family Ski Area of the Year”
- Kreischberg was awarded “Newcomer of the Year” for the major investment in the 10-seater gondola lift.
- The “Kreischer” received the award for “Best Event of the Year”.
- Likewise, Kreischberg won gold for the “Friendliest Ticket Office Team”, and a special prize for long-time ticket office manager Monika Autischer.
- The new Eagle mountain restaurant received two awards: the “Architecture Trophy in Gold” and “Most Popular Mountain Restaurant”.
- Reinhard Kargl and Karl Fussi received the “Cable Car Specialists of the Year” award.
Managing directors Karl Fussi and Reinhard Kargl are delighted with the awards: “These awards are the achievement of all our employees who have ensured excellent quality and many satisfied customers with great personal commitment, especially in the last two difficult seasons!”
For the family owners, Barbara and Dr. Erich Moser, the awards are above all confirmation that they have successfully developed Kreischberg with the investments in the Eagle and the new 10-seater gondola lift.